Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I just don't get it. Advice needed, please?

I've been posting about this ongoing saga for 2 days. Here's some more. My husband disappeared for almost 48 hours after an argument. No calls, didn't know where he was. Came home yesterday saying he was at a hotel and he had to think. He said he decided he wanted a divorce. I said I wanted to talk about it. I told him I wanted our daughter to be raised by both of us- but both of us having a decent relationship, and I wished that was possible. He started talking about how to make the marriage better and all this (as if he didn't really want a divorce then). I had suspected that him leaving and saying the things he said were control tactics, but I thought maybe he had actually decided upon divorce. Anyway, we agreed to try to work on our marriage and try really hard to keep it together, and that if we couldn't, it would be better to raise our daughter separately. He went to bed. This morning, I called him to ask if we were still going to a party we were supposed to go to tonight. He didn't answer. I left a message, and he hasn't called me back...it's been almost 2 hours. He really never waits this long to call me back. He is very easily influenced by friends, and I know the friend he saw at the gym tomorrow is a guy who doesn't like me and would really like to see my husband leave me. I'm really afraid that after everything we went through last night, the guy has convinced him to change his mind. My husband has settled things with me before and then thought about it further and changed his mind the next day a few times before. I'm trying really hard not to be paranoid about the phone call, but this is not normal. Should I call again or leave him alone and wait for whatever is going to happen? I'm really upset about everything, and the sitting and waiting has been and still is really stressful. Please offer advice. Thank you.I just don't get it. Advice needed, please?
In my opinion your husband is playing a game in which there is no ';win';. You're miserable, he's miserable. You're on ';pins and needles';, dreading what is going to happen next. There is no way to win for either of you...the misery only continues. My advice therefore is to take control of the only person over which you do have control, yourself, and refuse to allow these games to continue. If he leaves, gets divorced, or whatever he chooses to do, make a better life for yourself. Don't call him, don't beg him, just let him see that he is about to lose the best thing that ever happened to him by playing games...once that happens, he will come home, and act like a husband should. Good Luck!I just don't get it. Advice needed, please?
Wow! All of that drama is too much for anyone to have to deal with. Don't call. Wait. One of the things that I found out when my husband and I went through a rough patch was that giving him some space was a great thing.
Leave him alone for a while. Let him come back to you because he is the one talking about a divorce. A divorce is serious and I think that before you 2 get back together you need to talk and settle things down a little more so you both know where the relationship is and where it is going.
I wouldn't call him again. Leave the ball in his court. Honestly, if he has made up his mind on the divorce, there is really little to nothing you can do to change that. If he is still in love with you, no friend would be able to change his mind on trying to fix this marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment