Sunday, August 22, 2010

Advice on getting the right color dye for my hair?

I have a dark brown hair color and I want to get it a lighter shade of brown, like a medium to light.





Any advice on finding a color dye that won't make my hair orange or red?Advice on getting the right color dye for my hair?
As a hairstylist, i've seen many at home colors gone wrong...in fact i had a client the other day who was trying to do this very thing..go a couple shades lighter for spring. Have you colored your hair before? Is your hair past your chin? If so, you probably won't get even results on your own. My best advice (and trust me, this could save you tons of money in the long run) ask a few people around you where they get their hair done-the people's hair you like, and if possible, close to your same texture and desired color- and book an appointment for a partial highlight. make sure to bring in some pictures or examples of the color you would prefer. a few highlights can make a huge impact on how you look and feel, but it doesnt have to make a huge dent in your wallet. The only time i would recommend an at home color would be when you just want to change the tone of your color (like brown to red) and i would ONLY recommend doing a semi-permanent color!Advice on getting the right color dye for my hair?
If you have ever dyed your hair before the only way to go lighter is to bleach, which exposes the undertones of the hair (orange is the undertone for brown). Color cannot lift color, so bleach it your only option, sorry. You will then have to tone it the shade that you want, but you'll need to get an ash (cool toned) brown to combat the orange.
I would say to go into a hairdresser to get that done, its to risky





But if you dont then for sure dont use garnier it might do that to your hair
I suggest going to a professional when it comes to lightening your hair.
  • bowel cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment