Monday, August 23, 2010

I need some career advice... as a teacher with 10 years experience I can't seem to get a job. Why?

I was laid off from the tiny rural school district I worked for 2 years ago and now can't get a job. I've had a lot of different jobs (mostly due to working in the computer industry) and was fired a couple of times also. 3 years ago I was accused of 'inappropriate touching' and after 3 investigations no evidence was found. Most districts require that I report that and I wonder if my job history and that incident is the reason or if I just suck totally.I need some career advice... as a teacher with 10 years experience I can't seem to get a job. Why?
That accusation is soooo tough. Like police officers, teachers are ';guilty'; before proven innocent. I have seen good teachers suffer because of this.





One painful experience was a teacher who took his life after a student said that ';he slapped her butt.'; After his death, a friend of the student said that the accuser spread the rumor because she had received a bad grade. The investigation was shoddy and this poor man couldn't escape that accusation and was ostracized. Parents pulled students from his classes and the name calling and suspicion became unbearable.





The only thing that I can think of is getting a good list of references that are stellar in reputation and reliable that they would tell the truth. Consider an inner city school or moving to another state. Perhaps teaching at a junior college might be a possibility. I know this is tough but don't lose hope.I need some career advice... as a teacher with 10 years experience I can't seem to get a job. Why?
That sucks.I'm a teacher too and I was cut due to budget cuts. I have a question where you part of in an teacher ossificationve legal help. I would meet with someone to talk about it so you can get your job back.





I am having the same problem and I am searching for job options. I have been trying to look at companies that produce material for schools. A lot of them need teachers with expexperiencel/market their product.





Usually when you apply they usually ask you to explain. You can explain your situation and say there was so evidence agansit you. I w
It is very probably that your history and the investigations are hindering you from getting a job.





Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment