Monday, August 23, 2010

Not sure if I can still get hired!!! Help? advice?

I have been out of school and work for long time and recently complete a training program. I have bachelor degree in economics. I am concerned that I might not get employed forever since US is in such bad econ stage? is it true that once you have a gap, you can never find a good career in this competitive society no matter how hard you search?Not sure if I can still get hired!!! Help? advice?
Nope, that is not true...it' what you do with the gap that gets you the job.





If for instance you have a ten month gap and you tell me you have been looking for work that whole time, I'm skeptical...nobody truly looks for work for twelve hour days every day.





It is better to say you were looking for work AND...you volunteered your time at ____to further enhance your skills. Or you helped do__________and you learned ____which you always wanted to do.





See what I mean? bad economy or not - people that can sell their skills get hired no matter what. And of those people, the truly talented keep their jobs...the others get weeded out.

No comments:

Post a Comment